Descendants of Andrew Haack
This document was developed by William M. Hawk, who descends from Franklin County, Pennsylvania Hawks. The backbone structure came from two sources: World Family Tree Vol. 2, #3137, and the William McCready website at http://williammccready.accessgenealogy.com/descendants_of_andrew_haack.htm. Both of these references are unfortunately lacking in primary sources.
this structure Bill has compiled records from
This is by anyone’s reckoning a working document. It will change as more data is uncovered and as the lines and persons are teased apart.
Generation No. 1
1. ANDREW1 HAACK was born about 1703, and died between 1775 and 1780
in Rockland Twp, Berks
Notes for ANDREW HAACK:
Andreas or Andrew
Haack was probably born in
Andrew and family may
have spent some time in
Andrew obtained a
warrant for land, 25 acres in Long Swamp Township Berks Co. early in 1758. It
is not known if or for how long the family lived there, but in 1767 he paid
taxes on seven acres including a grist mill in
Land Warrants, PA Archives Series 3, Vol 26
p. 269, Andreas Hawk
Andrew Hawk, 25 Acres.
PA Archives, Series 3, Vol 18
p. 10 1767
g.m. = grist mill
p. 141 1768 Maxatawny Twp. Haag Andreas 200 Acres 4 horses 4 cattle 4 sheep tax 13
LW&T of HAACK,
To wife Anna Cunigunda, my whole estate during life.
To son John £55 and this shall be paid to him the 27th day of May 1776. And so likewise my son William, and sons Andrew and Jacob, every one have rec'd. their portion.
After wife's decease what remains shall be equally divided among son Peter and daus Agnes wife of Conrad MANESMITH, heirs of dau. Barbara wife of Deobald BAYER decd, dau. Margareth wife of Jacob SHERRAIN, Justina wife of Michael SCHEFFER and Mary wife of Jacob WEZEL and Susanna wife of George RIGHT.
Exrs: son in law Jacob SCHARRADIN and son John.
Wit: Jacob BECKER Jr, Abm. HERB.
Children of ANDREW HAACK and ANNA are:
2. i. WILHELM HEINRICH2 HACK, born about 1723.
ii. PETER HAACK.
iii. BARBARA HAACK, died before 17751; m. DEOBALD BAYER
iv. JULIA HAACK m. MICHAEL SCHAEFFER.
Notes for JULIA HAACK:
Andrew Haack's will gives her name as Justina. See notes on Andrew Haack, b. abt 1700.
v. SUSANNA HAACK m. GEORGE WRIGHT.
vi. MARIA HAACK m. JACOB WETZEL,
3. vii. AGNES HAACK, b. about 1728.
4. viii. ANNA MARGARETHA HAACK, b.
5. ix. JACOB HACK, b.
6. x. ANDREW HAWK, b. about 1739; d. in
7. xi. JOHN HACK, b. about 1755.
Generation No. 2
2. WILHELM HEINRICH2 HACK (ANDREW1 HAACK) was born about 1723. He married EVA MARGARETHA. She was born about 1731, and died after 1756.
Notes for WILHELM HEINRICH HACK:
William Heinrich was not yet 16 in 1738. (Not listed in the ship Winter lists.)
Mentioned first in his father's will, we assume he was the first son, so estimate he was born ca. 1723.
Children of WILHELM HACK and EVA are:
8. i. ANNA MARGARETHA3 HOAK, b.
ii. --?-- HACK3, b. 1761, Rockland Twp., Berks Co., PA.
Notes for --?-- HACK:
Name: Heinrich Hack
Date: Jun 14, 1761
Location: Berks Co., PA
database contains information on almost 180,000 individuals found in the
records of more than fifty Pennsylvania (U.S.A.) churches. These churches are
located in Adams, Berks, and
Copyright © 1998-2006, MyFamily.com Inc.
3. AGNES2 HAACK (ANDREW1) was born about 1728. She married JOHANN CONRAD MANESCHMIDT. He was born about 1725.
Children of AGNES HAACK and JOHANN MANESCHMIDT are:
i. ANNA APOLLONIA3 MANESCHMIDT, b.
ii. CHRISTIAN MANESCHMIDT, b.
iii. APOLLONIA MANESCHMIDT, b.
4. ANNA MARGARETHA2 HAACK (ANDREW1) was born
Children of ANNA HAACK and JACOB SCHARADIN are:
i. PAUL3 SCHARADIN.
ii. MARIA C. SCHARADIN, b. 16 Aug 1759; d. 26 Dec 1827; m. DANIEL HOCH.
iii. JACOB SCHARADIN, b.
iv. PETER SCHARADIN, b.
v. ABRAHAM SCHARADIN, b.
vi. SUSANNA SCHARADIN, b. 10 Feb 1769; d. 20 May 1847; m. NICHOLAS KUTZ; b. 14 Feb 1764, Maxatawny Twp, Berks, PA; d. 04 May 1831.
vii. DANIEL SCHARADIN, b.
viii. JUSTINA SCHARADIN, b.
5. JACOB2 HACK (ANDREW1 HAACK)7 was born 03 May 1744 in Pa., and died 26 Jan 1829 in
Maxatawny Twp., Berks Co., PA8. He married MARGARETHA DUBBS9,10. She was born
Notes for JACOB HACK:
Land Warrants, PA Archives Series 3, Vol 26
p. 271, Jacob Hawk 100
acres survey date
PA Archives Series 3, Vol 18
See notes on John Hack for more complete records.
p. 159 1768
p. 667 1784 Rockland Twp. Haak, Jacob gm. 110 Acre 4 horse, 4 cattle, 5 sheep, persons 4
Will of Jacob Haak
Berks co. Will Book Vol 6, p. 291
Children by John's first wife: Jacob H., John H., Barbara(Hottenstein), also Susanna, George and Esther
Dau Barbara(George Sell)
Exexcs; Grandsons John, Jacob and Benjamin Hottenstein
Tomb Stone at DeLong's
in der Hoffnung einer seligen
Er wurde geboren den 3ten May
1744, und ist gestorben den 26sten
January 1829: in einem Alter
von 84 Jahr 8 Monat und 23 Tag.
Lichen Text Jesaias C. 57 v. 2.
Die richtig für sich gewandelt haben
kommen zum Fried, und ruhen
in ihren Kammern
In the hope of blessed
He was born
aged 84 years 8 months and 23 days
Life Text: Isaiah Ch. 57 v.2
Notes for MARGARETHA DUBBS:
Children of JACOB HACK and MARGARETHA DUBBS are:
9. i. JOHN3 HACK, b.
ii. JOHANN JACOB HACK, b. 06 Jul 177312; d.
iii. BARBARA HACK, m. GEORGE SELL14.
6. ANDREW2 HAWK (ANDREW1 HAACK) was born about 1739, and died in
Notes for ANDREW HAWK:
Andreas (Andrew), the
....... Dau Catherine
....... Sponsored John
Jacob Hinterlyder baptism
Andreas Neidlinger baptism
Johan Georg Schoeffer baptism
....... Dau Hack, b.
....... Sponsored Son
of Jacob Hag 22 October 1769 (the child born
....... Son Peter born ca. 1770.
....... Son Andrew born ca. 1770.
....... Sponsored Christina Hinterleiter baptism 24 July 1774 as Andreas Hack ux Christina.
....... 20 Jun 1778 resided in Friderick County, Maryland, filed a power of attorney to brother John Haack to recover the deed from Seibert for the above land.
....... 26 Apr 1779 militia record, absentee return, Philadelphia City, Andrew Hawk.
....... 1780-81, militia record, Philadelphia City, Andrew Hawk.
....... 17 May 1784, bounty warrant for land in Washington Co., GA.
....... Son William born ca. 1784.
....... Son Jacob born ca. 1784.
....... 4 Nov 1789,
lost and found ad, a steer wandered onto his pasture near
....... Note, 1781-87, militia record for York Co., Andrew Hawk, adjutant - likely not ours.
Notes for ANNA CHRISTINA HINDERLEITER:
Name: Christina Hinterleiter
Date: 6 Mar 1780
Prove Date: 12 Dec 1780
Remarks: Hinterleiter, Caspar. Marlborough, Co. of Phila. Yeoman. March 6, 1780. Dec 12, 1780. R.359. Wife: Elizabeth. Children: Christina, Wife of Andrew Haag, Michael, Clara, Wife of Benedick Neidlinger, Dorothea, Wife of Peter Young, Margareth, Wife of Abram Shantz. Overseers and Trustees: Benedict Neidlinger, Philip Muth. Exec: Mathias and Michael Hinterleiter.
Lineages, Inc., comp. Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania Wills, 1682-1819 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: MyFamily.com, Inc., 2000. Original data: Philadelphia County Wills, 1682-1819. Historical Society of Pennsylvania, 1900.
This database includes abstracts from probated wills from Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania, U.S.A. for the years 1682-1819. Each record provides the names of all individuals named in a will, their relationship to the deceased and the date the will was proved in court. Researchers may obtain copies of the original wills at the city hall in Philadelphia.
Children of ANDREW HAWK and ANNA HINDERLEITER are:
i. ANNA MARGARETHA3 (PEGGY) HAWK, b. about 1760; m. --?-- HARRIS, about 1780.
ii. ANDREW HAWK, b. about 1762.
iii. WILLIAM HAWK, b. about 1764.
iv. JACOB HAWK, b. about 1766.
v. PETER HAWK, b. about 1768.
vi. CATHERINE HAWK16, b. 20 Jun 1761, Rockland Twp., Berks Co., Pennsylvania17.
vii. DAU HAWK, b. 21 Sep 1769, Maxatawny Twp., Berks Co., PA18.
Notes for DAU HAWK:
is this Anna Margaretha?
7. JOHN2 HACK (ANDREW1 HAACK) was born about 1755. He married ELISABETH.
Notes for JOHN HACK:
17 May 1755 may be his birthday. Andrew willed him 55 pounds to be paid on 17 May 1776, which may have been his 21st birthday.
Tax Records: Penna Archives Vol. 18
Page year Township Name Acres H C S Persons Tax
267 1779 Rockland Hawk, Jacob g.m. 60 - 2 2 490
Hawk, John g.m, o.m 50 - 1 3 609
403 1780 Rockland Hawk, Jacob g.m. 110 - 3 4 36.5.0
Hawk, John g.m, o.m 90 - 2 5 52.0.0
523 1781 Rockland Hawk, John g.m, s.m, o.m 90 - 3 5 6.10.0
Jacob not listed in 1781
no. of persons added, no tax listed for 1784 Persons
667 1784 Rockland Haack, Jacob m. 110 - 4 4 5 4
Haack, John 90 - 3 6 6 5
g.m, s.m, o.m
only tax assessment is given for 1785
786 1785 Rockland Haak, Jacob 2.9.6
Haak, John 2.7.9
g.h = grist mill, s.m.= saw mill
o.m = oil mill
Children of JOHN HACK and ELISABETH are:
i. JOHN JACOB3 HACK.
ii. JOHN HACK, b. 05 Mar 177519.
iii. JOHN FREDERICK HACK, b. 22 Jan 1776.
iv. ELISABETH HACK, b. 20 Apr 1777.
v. JOHN HACK, b. 12 Dec 1780.
vi. PETER HACK, b. 03 May 1784.
vii. SUSANNA HACK, b. 02 Jan 1786.
Generation No. 3
8. ANNA MARGARETHA3 HOAK (WILHELM HEINRICH2 HACK, ANDREW1 HAACK) was born 09 Feb 1756 in Pa., and died 11 Mar 1841 in Longswamp Twp, Berks Co., Pa.. She married JOSEPH FENSTERMACHER 07 Apr 1773, son of JOHANN FENSTERMACHER and ANNA SCHWEIG. He was born about 1750 in Longswamp Twp, Berks, Pa., and died 01 Jun 1806 in Longswamp Twp, Berks, Pa..
Children of ANNA HOAK and JOSEPH FENSTERMACHER are:
i. JOHANNES4 FENSTERMACHER, b. 12 Feb 1776, Berks, Pa.; d. Bef. 1786.
ii. PETER FENSTERMACHER, b. 20 Nov 1778, Berks, Pa.; d. Bef. 1806.
iii. REBECCA FENSTERMACHER, b. 06 Mar 1781, Berks, Pa.; d. 26 Aug 1870; m. JOHANNES RAU, b. about 1780.
10. iv. CATHARINA FENSTERMACHER, b. 13 Oct 1782, Berks, Pa.; d. Bef. 1812.
11. v. MARIA MAGDALENA FENSTERMACHER, b. 08 Sep 1783, Maxatawny Twp, Berks, Pa.; d. 10 Mar 1817, Pa..
12. vi. JOHANNES FENSTERMACHER, b. 06 May 1786, Berks, Pa.; d. 16 Jan 1866, Berks, Pa..
13. vii. ELISABETH FENSTERMACHER, b. 24 May 1788, Longswamp Twp, Berks,
viii. JACOB FENSTERMACHER, b. 11 Sep 1789, Longswamp Twp, Berks, Pa.; d. Bef. 1806.
ix. JOSEPH FENSTERMACHER, b. about 1791.
9. JOHN3 HACK (JACOB2, ANDREW1 HAACK)20 was born 08 Sep 1769.
Notes for JOHN HACK:
Children of his first wife are named in his father's will see notes on Jacob Haak(1744-1829)
Children of JOHN HACK are:
i. JACOB H.4 HACK.
ii. JOHN H. HACK.
iii. BARBARA HACK.
iv. SUSANNA HACK.
v. GEORGE HACK.
vi. ESTHER HACK.
Generation No. 4
10. CATHARINA4 FENSTERMACHER (ANNA MARGARETHA3 HOAK, WILHELM HEINRICH2 HACK, ANDREW1 HAACK) was born 13 Oct 1782 in Berks, Pa., and died before 1812. She married GEORGE KOHL 21 Jun 1807 in Longswamp Twp, Berks, Pa.. He was born about 1780.
Child of CATHARINA FENSTERMACHER and GEORGE KOHL is:
i. BENJAMIN5 KOHL, b. 03 Jul 1807.
11. MARIA MAGDALENA4 FENSTERMACHER (ANNA MARGARETHA3 HOAK, WILHELM HEINRICH2 HACK, ANDREW1 HAACK) was born 08 Sep 1783 in Maxatawny Twp, Berks, Pa., and died 10 Mar 1817 in Pa.. She married JACOB LEIBENSPERGER 20 Sep 1807, son of JOHN LEIBENSPERGER and EVA BLANCK. He was born 08 Mar 1782 in Berks, Pa., and died 17 Aug 1860 in Pa..
Children of MARIA FENSTERMACHER and JACOB LEIBENSPERGER are:
i. JOHN5 LEIBENSPERGER, b. 19 Nov 1809, Pa.; d. 02 Jul 1888, Pa.; m. HANNAH C. SCHAEFFER, 06 Dec 1835; b. 1809; d. 1873.
14. ii. JACOB LEIBENSPERGER, b. 23 May 1811, Lehigh, Pa.; d. 27 Nov 1863, Salisbury Twp, Lehigh, Pa..
iii. LEVI LIVENSPIRE, b. 03 Feb 1813, Pa.; d. 09 Mar 1885, Marseilles, Ohio; m. ELIZA JANE COCHRAN, 10 May 1836; b. 03 Sep 1814; d. 01 May 1884, Marseilles, Ohio.
iv. DANIEL LEIBENSPERGER, b. 23 Jul 1816, Pa.
12. JOHANNES4 FENSTERMACHER (ANNA MARGARETHA3 HOAK, WILHELM HEINRICH2 HACK, ANDREW1 HAACK) was born 06 May 1786 in Berks, Pa., and died 16 Jan 1866 in Berks, Pa.. He married DOROTHEA FISCHER. She was born 06 Feb 1791, and died 24 Jun 1858.
Children of JOHANNES FENSTERMACHER and DOROTHEA FISCHER are:
i. REUBEN5 FENSTERMACHER, b. 01 Aug 1811; d. 27 Feb 1870.
ii. LEON FENSTERMACHER, b. 03 Oct 1814; d. 01 May 1889.
13. ELISABETH4 FENSTERMACHER (ANNA MARGARETHA3 HOAK, WILHELM HEINRICH2 HACK, ANDREW1 HAACK) was born 24 May 1788 in Longswamp Twp, Berks, Pa. She married ADAM KELLER 02 Jun 1807 in Longswamp Church, Longswamp Twp, Berks, Pa.. He was born about 1786.
Child of ELISABETH FENSTERMACHER and ADAM KELLER is:
i. ANNA5 KELLER.
Generation No. 5
14. JACOB5 LEIBENSPERGER (MARIA MAGDALENA4 FENSTERMACHER, ANNA MARGARETHA3 HOAK, WILHELM HEINRICH2 HACK, ANDREW1 HAACK) was born 23 May 1811 in Lehigh, Pa., and died 27 Nov 1863 in Salisbury Twp, Lehigh, Pa.. He married VERONICA `FRANNIE' KLINE 1832, daughter of JOHANN KLEIN and ANNA SCHNEIDER. She was born 11 Aug 1812 in Salisbury Twp, Lehigh, Pa., and died 19 Aug 1884 in Salisbury Twp, Lehigh, Pa..
Children of JACOB LEIBENSPERGER and VERONICA KLINE are:
i. MARY ANN6 LEIBENSPERGER, b. 18 Oct 1833, Salisbury Twp, Lehigh, Pa.; d. 27 May 1897, Salisbury Twp, Lehigh, Pa.; m. HENRY STAHLNECKER; b. 26 Sep 1830, Lower Milford, Bucks, Pa.; d. 20 Apr 1908.
ii. SUSANNA CAROLINE LEIBENSPERGER, b. 09 Aug 1835, Salisbury Twp, Lehigh, Pa.; d. 07 Sep 1908, Fairview Park, Salisbury Twp, Lehigh, Pa.; m. HENRY M. MILLER, 05 Oct 1862; b. 28 Dec 1836; d. 13 Feb 1916, Fairview Park, Salisbury Twp, Lehigh, Pa..
iii. FETTA LEIBENSPERGER, b. 25 Oct 1836, Salisbury Twp, Lehigh, Pa.; d. May 1860, Salisbury Twp, Lehigh, Pa.; m. TILGHMAN KINCAID, 20 Dec 1855; b. 1833, Salisbury Twp, Lehigh, Pa.; d. 1912, Clinton, Michigan.
iv. AMANDA LEIBENSPERGER, b. 02 May 1840, Salisbury Twp, Lehigh, Pa.; d. 12 Mar 1917, BETHLEHEM, Hanover Twp, Lehigh, Pa.; m. ASHER BUSH, 17 Apr 1864, Allentown, Lehigh, Pa.; b. 13 Feb 1839; d. 20 May 1905, Pa..
v. DANIEL LEIBENSPERGER, b. 06 Dec 1842, Salisbury Twp, Lehigh, Pa.; d. 10 Jul 1912, County Home, Lehigh, Pa.; m. MATILDA FRICK, 15 Aug 1878; b. 08 Oct 1854; d. 17 Nov 1937, Salisbury Twp, Lehigh, Pa..
vi. VERONICA `FRANNIE' LEIBENSPERGER, b. 1844, Salisbury Twp, Lehigh, Pa.; d. 1917, Quakertown, Bucks, Pa.; m. JOHN CHRISTIAN SCHEID, 25 Oct 1863; b. 1841; d. 1886.
vii. EMMA LEIBENSPERGER, b. 1845, Pa.; d. 17 Jan 1926; m. JAMES JOSEPH NAGEL, 19 Apr 1868; b. 1846; d. 10 Nov 1872.
viii. JACOB LEIBENSPERGER, b. 25 Jan 1846, Salisbury Twp, Lehigh, Pa.; d. 23 Feb 1916, Allentown, Lehigh, Pa.; m. SARAH E. KNAUSS, 25 Nov 1871; b. 02 Nov 1854, Pa.; d. 21 Feb 1896.
ix. ELIZA LEIBENSPERGER, b. 1849, Salisbury Twp, Lehigh, Pa.; d. 1899; m. MOULTON KLECKNER; b. about 1848.
x. MARIA LEIBENSPERGER, b. 1852, Salisbury Twp, Lehigh, Pa.; d. 1931, BETHLEHEM, Pa.; m. AUGUSTUS W. LONG, 28 Jul 1872; b. 16 May 1844; d. 01 Mar 1902.
xi. MOLDEN ALFRED LEIBENSPERGER, b. 29 Aug 1855, Salisbury Twp, Lehigh, Pa.; d. 10 Feb 1858, Salisbury Twp, Lehigh, Pa..
1. Andrew Haack, Will of Andrew Haack, "Electronic," daughter Barbara dec'd as of date of will, 1775.
2. Pennsylvania German Marriages, (Genalogical Publishing Co. 1982), p.306, New Goshenhoppen Reformed Church Wetzel, Jacob and Anna Maria Hag 26 Oct 1759.
3. Pennsylvania Church Records - Adams, Berks, and Lancaster Counties, 1729-1881 [database on-line].
4. Strassburger and Heinke, Pennsylvania Church Records - Adams, Berks, Pennsylvania German Pioneers, p. 199, Andreas Haack(Hook) emmigrated in 1738. Margaretha was born before they came to America, so she was probably born in Germany.
5. Pennsylvania Gravestones, DeLongs Church inscriptions, (Wickersham Press), b. 15 Feb 1735, d. 30 Jan 1808, wife of Jacob Sharradin. 8 sons and 4 daughters.
6. Pennsylvania Gravestones, DeLongs Church inscriptions, (Wickersham Press).
7. Pennsylvania Gravestones, DeLongs Church inscriptions, (Wickersham Press), p. 3, no. 33, Jacob Haak, born 3 May 1744, died 26 Jan 1829 84 Years, 8 months and 23 days.
8. Pennsylvania Gravestones, DeLongs Church inscriptions, (Wickersham Press).
9. Pennsylvania Gravestones, DeLongs Church inscriptions, (Wickersham Press), p. 4, no. 34, Margaretha Hack, ne Dubs, wife of Jacob Hack 79 years, 8 months and 29 days.
10. Pennsylvania German Church Records, Vol iii, (Pennsylvania German Society), Baptised by G. M. Weiss.
11. Pennsylvania Gravestones, DeLongs Church inscriptions, (Wickersham Press).
12. Delong's Church Records, p. 5, Joh. Jacob, b. 6 Jul 1773, bp. 19 Sept 1773, Parents: Jacob Haack and Anna Margaretha; Sponsors: Jacob Shirraden and wf. Anna Margaret.
13. Pennsylvania Gravestones, DeLongs Church inscriptions, (Wickersham Press), p. 4, no. 35, Jacob Hack, son of Jacob and Margaretha Dubs Hack, b. 6 July 1773 died 30 sept 1823 50 Years 2 monts and 24 days.
14. "Will of Jacob Haak, abstract," daughter Barbara(George Sell).
15. Pennsylvania German Church Records, (Genalogical Publishing Co.), "CD-ROM," New Goshenhoppen Records, p.36, #216, Married by George Michael Weiss, VDM June 26, 1759.
16. Dr. Henry Egle, Egle's Notes and Queries, (Genalogical Publishing Co.), "CD-ROM," Annual Volume of 1900, p. 77, Early Records of Mertz Church, Rockland Twp. Berks Co. PA Catherine Haack, b. May 16, 1761 to Andreas Haack and Wf.
17. Records of Christ(Mertz) Lutheran Church, p. 17, Haack, Catherina; b. 20 June 1761, bp. 16 May 1762; Sponsors: Johannes Bieber ux Margaretha Barbara.
18. Delong's Church Records, p.3.
19. Delong's Church Records, p. 6, John, b. 5 Mar 1775, bp. 9 Mar 1775; Parents: John Haack and Elisabeth; Sponsors: Andrew Haack and Christina.
20. Delong's Church Records, p. 3, Son b. 8 Sept 1769, bp. 22 Oct 1769, Parent: Jacob Hag, sponsor: Andrew Hag and Wf.